Tatranské elektrické železnice (TEŽ, Tatra ElectricRailway) are a self-service system with 22 stops/stations.
Another stops that do not belong into the TEŽ system are on the way from Poprad through Studený Potok to Tatranská Lomnica.
- you need to buy your ticket beforehand and validate it on board of the train in a special date stamping machine
- cash desks are only at 10 stations
- tickets to TEŽ can also be bought at contact partners
- there are no conductors in the trains, only controllers
- a ticket not vallidated or vallidates several times is not valid
Types of tickets in the TEŽ system:
- single ticket bought at cash desk/vending machine (valid for one journey between specific stations)
- universal block tickets (are a reserve for travelling from stations without cash desk)
- timed network tickets (flexible, valid for unlimited number of journeys in that particular time)
- single journey (depening on kilometres), up to 2€
- timed network tickets: 1 day – 4€, 2 days – 8€, 3 days – 14€, 1 month – 16€