Specialists on the capital city consider this building the best site – besides the Primate´s Palace – that Bratislava has to offer to its visitors. The palace has been built in the style of so-called Bratislava Rococo by M. Hörligl in 1768 – 1770. After several changes of owners tha last one – earl Emil Mirbach – donated it to the city under the condition of turning it into a gallery. The city still honours the wish and youcan find a permanent exibition of Middle-European Baroque paintings and sculptures there. Mirbach Palace is a representative of the most preserved of original architecture of old Pressburg.