The palace was build in 1760. The sponsor of the building was earl Anton Grassalkovich, an attorney and later the chair of Hungarian Imperial Chamber. A vas garden in French style is a part of the palace. Today, Grassalkovich Palace is better known as the Presidential Palace as it is residence of the President of Slovak Republic. It is opened only during special Days of open doors organized by the presidential bureau, bud the garden can by visited daily.