Belianska Cave (entrance at 885 m above the sea) is the only cave open to public in the High Tatras. It is situated under the eastern end of the “Belianske” Tatras, in the northern slope of “Kobylí vrch”.
A good starting point for visiting the cave is a settlement “Tatranská kotlina”.
Myths that it was inhabited by prehistoric people are not documented. In the 18-th century it was visited mostly by treasury searchers who at the same time were the authors of its wall paintings. It became interesting for the scientists after the visit of Július Husz and John Britz on August 5, 1881.
It was open to public in 1882. It was one of the first caves with electric lights in the world (1896). The internal area was enlarged through excursions that followed.
The final length of the cave is 1752 m, from which 1001 m are open to public.
Cave is closed during the winter time.